5 Reasons RV Vacations Rock
July 29, 2014 06:49 PM
I did my first RV trip in the early 90’s heading south from LA to the Baja peninsula of Mexico for a 2 week diving and camping adventure. Aside from enjoying some of the best Scuba diving ever, I still remember the amazing feeling of heading out on an adventure with good friends and all our sporting gear in tow. This week one of my best friends and his family are heading out on an equally adventurous trip going all the way to British Columbia to explore the great Canadian Parks and Wilderness. Their impending trip and my fond memories from Baja inspired this blog post: 5 Reasons RV Vacations Rock.
1. RV vacations are a great way to get back to natureLet’s face it, very few people rent an RV to park it in town. No matter if you are a hard core adventurer or simply seeking some fresh air and pleasant vistas, your interest in the great outdoors is the perfect match for an RV road trip. Your RV will comfortably get you to most places in California including all the State and national parks. Plus, since getting there is half the fun, you can add in side trips to famous landmarks or plan some outdoor activities like hiking and fishing. If you prefer something a little more adventurous, white water rafting or canoeing are a great way to see some extraordinary scenery. Thinking about going the more relaxing route? No problem. You can play some golf, go swimming, ride your bike, roller blade or enjoy any of your favorite pass times.
2. RV Vacations are great for familiesModern life is full of stress and sometimes that can be hard on the closest relationships you have. Friends and family members of all ages tend to connect more easily when they are away from their normal routine enjoying adventure and a simpler lifestyle. An RV is a lot easier to travel in as a family than an over packed car. Everyone not involved in driving can do their own thing be it playing a game on their tablet (be sure to ask about our free 4G Wi-Fi solution) or counting punch buggies (California is the land of punch buggies)! When renting, bear in mind it is important to choose an appropriately sized rental RV that is well suited to your group’s size and activities. Keep in mind that every RV has a different storage and towing capacity. If you need to bring some extra luggage or ‘big boy toys’ with you, be sure your RV can accommodate your needs. On driving days, try to take a break and enjoy some time outdoors, so that each family member gets a bit of personal space and time for themselves. RV road trips are also a great way to travel with children. Kids are likely to meet other kids and invariably love all new places to explore, not something a hotel room offers much of. Children of all ages will enjoy an old-fashioned campfire complete with stories, songs and stargazing. And most kids think it's pretty cool to be in a "home on wheels".
3. RV Vacations Allow you to bring what you wantWith an RV, you can have the best of both worlds. Enjoy the great outdoors with more creature comforts than tent camping. When you rent from us you get an RV that is well equipped. You will likely have a kitchen with microwave, fridge and stove, a TV and VCR, beds, living and dining areas and bathroom with shower. Many of our RVs have slide out rooms that increase the living area at the touch of a button. You can sit outside under your awning, get out of the rain if the weather changes, and turn on the air conditioner if it gets too hot. There is generally lots of storage space for equipment such as golf clubs, dive gear, surf boards and you can put things like canoes and kayaks on the roof or in a trailer for easy transport. Unlike trying to pack every last inch of an SUV, your rental RV allows you to bring just about anything you can think of.
4. RV Vacations allow flexibilityWhilst popular camp grounds and famous parks like Yosemite do require reservations and can be crowded in season, overall you have a lot more flexibility with an RV vacation than pretty much any other form of travel. In an RV, you have the flexibility to change locations if you get the whim. Keep in mind that, with an RV, being there is more than half the fun so you want to strike the right balance between sightseeing, relaxing and driving to ensure everyone is well energized and enjoying the trip to its full potential. Travel in an RV really appeals to ones inner pioneering spirit and allows you to create your own adventure as you go along your way. You can stay in a place for days, months or all summer long. You can explore the country at your own pace, stay in popular campgrounds or explore areas way off the beaten track while enjoying all the comforts of home in your own private wilderness.
5. RV Vacations are the ultimate Road TripsWith an RV Vacation you are in charge and in full control. You can plan every day or just see what inspires you with the sunrise. That trip I did to Baja many years ago was beautiful for its easy going adventure. When we found a place we liked, we stayed. When we became less inspired or more motivated by what was next, we simply packed up and moved on. No airports, hotels, lineups or hassles. Once the RV was loaded up, the keys were in our hands and we were off. All the those day to day stresses fell behind and good times and adventure were ours to enjoy.
Plan your California RV Trip With Us!Here at Expedition Motor Homes, we want to make sure your trip to California is a memorable one. We have all of the latest and greatest RVs and our friendly staff are more than happy to help you choose the right RV for your trip. Contact us today at (888) 699-6722 or drop by and we will help you pick out an RV for your next trip.
What Customers Say
It was awesome. It was so great. It was so fantastic. We loved the RV. It was so accommodating. It was only three of us: [me] my husband and my son and we had a wonderful time. Thank you for renting to us and we will definitely be renting again.
From Toronto, Canada. We came down to Expedition to pick up an RV for a special surfing vacation for my son here who turned 15 this week. I gotta tell ya, it’s been an awesome experience. We went up the coast to Santa Barabara and down. We had perfect sites of the beach; looking at the ocean. He got a chance to experience surfing the California way – an overall great experience. RV was just the way to go. Made it a beautiful experience for us. The people at Expedition were perfect; helped us out throughout… were very kind and generous and we just had a great vacation because of it. So I recommend anyone whose thinking about it… Definitely call Expedition. You’ll enjoy it and you won’t regret it.
We flew from Europe and rented a motor home from ExpeditionMotorHomes.com. And, it was a fantastic experience from start to end. When we arrived, we had… the staff was very friendly; taught us how to use the motor home. They had videos online you can practice with and look at. And the actual trip, the quality of the motor home was perfect. This was the first time for my family and I and it will not be the last. We will be doing this again and obviously from the same supplier because everything from start to finish was perfect.
I have rented from this company seven times in the last eight years. They do an amazing job. Most recently, I had errored on my departure date (I should have looked at the contract when they sent it to me!) and when I arrived a day early, they accommodated me. Thank you, Matt, for making a year without Martin easy! I recommend this company to anyone wanting to rent an RV. It’s so much easier than you think.
The Expedition Motorhome family took great care of our family. This is our third straight year renting trailers and RV’s from Expedition and we wouldn’t go anywhere else. They are a small shop with big customer service. The RV’s are in great condition on the inside and under the hood. We drive to the Tahoe area from LA every year and they make the long haul with no problems. We camped with other families who rented from other vendors and had nothing but problems. See you next year!
Was the first time we rented and RV and we had a great experience with Expedition Motor Homes. WE travel with the jamboree 23 ft for about 20 days around California and nevada without any problem.Everything worked the way it should. At the office Martin and Ilda where super nice and helpful with us. Definitely we are coming back!
We had a great experience with Expedition Motor Homes. My family and I rented an RV for a weekend camping trip, something we had never done before. The staff was extremely helpful and informative, and everything went smoothly. The RV was in great working order, very clean and great looking. We will definitely rent from the again in the future!
This was our first rental from Expedition. Everything went smoothly. They had excellent customer service from the beginning to the return. The RV we rented was in great condition, with the exception of a few minor issues. These issues didn’t cause any trouble, and I know they will have them fixed for the next renter. We are already looking forward to our next RV vacation, and we will be sure to use Expedition!